Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Gay Scene everyone is talking about from How To Get Away with Murder

Okay, it's another post about HTGAWM, but I have to talk about that gay scene! Do you see it? How did ABC get a away with that?

If you did see it, I got it here for you


Creator Peter Nowalk explains to E! News:
And you can expect a lot more same-sex sex and same-sex romance as the series continues because, as Nowalk puts it, "It's part of life." "I knew I wanted to push the envelope, especially with the gay sex," Nowalk explained to me. "And to me, writing the gay characterization and writing some real gay sex into a network show is to right the wrong of all of the straight sex that you see on TV. Because I didn't see that growing up, and I feel like the more people get used to two men kissing, the less weird it will be for people. I just feel like it's a lack of vision that you don't see it on TV, but ABC has never had a note about any of the weird stuff in the show, so I'm gonna keep it going."

Nowalk reveals that Connor (Jack Falahee), the gay character, is definitely going to have a romance in the first season, right off the bat, starting with the second episode. It was in important to show a gay person as a full-fledged character."
Interesting, I can't wait to see more!

1 comment:

behrmark said...

I watched HTGAWM and here's the interesting thing...I didn't think it was pushing any envelopes. I wasn't shocked or surprised by the scene. Ok wait...I lie. I was surprised only because I didn't realize the character was gay. I thought he was a straight guy trying to find out the dirt. How out of touch am I?

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.