Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Arizona Senator Steve Gallardo Comes Out


After standing up against the heinous SB 1062 bill, State Senator Steve Gallardo realized how important it is to be present and honest. So, today he decided to come out.
"I'm gay, I'm a Latino, and I'm a senator," he says, his voice quavering with emotion. "And it's okay." 
"Seeing the people out there, protesting. I thought it's time," he says. "It's time to let people know about me. And to send people a message. I'm more interested in letting people who struggle with this know that it's okay."
With his coming out, may get others will follow his lead. Arizona needs more out politicians who can fight the fight.

source

1 comment:

Daij said...

Nice of him to come out now . I wonder how this will affect things in Arizona.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.