Friday, March 21, 2014

15 Questions/Concerns I have about the JEM movie


As my 'Jem Movie' hangover wears off, reality sets in.

The idea of Jon M. Chu making this film has stirred up some questions and concerns. So, in my favorite form, I will bullet point my concerns.

  1. Jon M Chu gave us the horrid G.I. Joe film. In it, the Baroness was evil because Duke broke up with her. Cobra Commander was Duke's best friend and the Baroness' brother.
  2. The Jem mythos has been changed, now she's a teen and an orphan. 
  3. It's set in today's time, not the 80s. That could be interesting and a mess.
  4. It seems that men are leading this Jem movie... Not sure I like that. It needs gender diversity. 
  5. Is Christy Marx involved? She created Jem, are they talking to her?
  6. Are The Misfits in the film?
  7. How will they explain the holograms and Synergy?
  8. If they are teens, where are they living? Especially if Jerrica is an orphan, who's looking after them?
  9. Does Jon M. Chu understand Jem?
  10. How serious will be story be? I hope it's not a comedy.
  11. Will more writers join the project?
  12. How far will they stray from the original material?
  13. Will Kimber be Jerrica's real sister?
  14. Are the Starlight Girls in the movie?
  15. What kind of band will Jem and the Holograms be?
I'm sure more questions will come, but I hope Jon and his team are on it.

1 comment:

R.J. said...

This sounds like the same concerns I have for Arrow next Wednesday. Is the show called Birds of Prey because it has Huntress and Black Canary in it? Or does this develop a story line where they eventually join forces?

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.