Monday, March 24, 2014

Google celebrates Dorothy Height's Birthday


Dorothy Height was one of the pivotal leaders and activists during the Civil Rights Movement.  She continued being an activist throughout her entire life.

Before her death in 2010, Dorothy was named the Godmother of the Civil Rights Movement by President Obama.

Here's a favorite quote from her
"I have been in the proximity of, and threatened by, the Klan; I have been called everything people of color are called; I have been denied admission because of a quota. I've had all of that, but I've also learned that getting bitter is not the way."
Please google Dorothy to learn more

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.