Tuesday, March 18, 2014

195 Lawmakers wants Obama to Sign an Executive Order barring federal contractors from discriminating against LGBT Workers

This is the letter sent to President Obama, urging him to sign an executive order barring federal contractors from discriminating against LGBT workers.

This has been done in the past and Obama hasn't acted on it. I'm in the minority on this topic. I think he shouldn't do it because it only covers a portion of the community. I rather this be a full-on EO vs this partial one. Plus the ENDA battle hasn't start yet. I want to see this get passed in Congress first. For those who disagree, are probably the same ones who doubted the passing of DADT.

No quick fixes for our rights, full-on equality.

LGBT Executive Order Letter 3/18/14

1 comment:

Damien said...

I am in full agreement with you on this one.

No partial.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.