Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Wolverine didn't Break Records... What does it mean for the other X-Men Movies?


This weekend was good for The Wolverine... But not great.

The film fell below expectations and it didn't get better over the weekend. In fact, the f*ck-up known as, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, did much better. With that said, does this send a message out to Fox about the rest of the X-Films?

This has to hurt their ego a bit. This film was kind of a lead-in to the other X-Films. If folks wasn't excited about Logan's solo affair, will they be excited for him leading the Days of Future Past flick? In the upcoming film, Wolvie is the one traveling in time, not Kitty. I was never sold on this idea. It comes off as another Wolverine story.

But now the jury has spoken, which could spell disaster for X-Men DoFP. I'm probably completely wrong here; X-Men: DoFP could blow up the box office. However, this weekend has possibly changed the game. Are folks getting tired of Wolverine? Will he hurt X-Men: DoFP?

I guess time will tell.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tired and confused. If you're not a comic fan, it is very confusing and I don't think Wolverine was ever fully realized in the movies as he was in the comics.

Ron Buckmire said...

The X-MEN and NEW MUTANTS were the only comics I ever bought as a kid I never had any intention of going to see THE WOLVERINE this weekend. I may catch it on Netflix or cable in the future.

However XMEN:DoFP I intend to go see opening day!

Anonymous said...

Forgive me for this but it seems like no one wants a gay super hero in the lead?

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.