Wednesday, July 31, 2013

In Uncanny X-Men: Dazzler is called - “The Uncle Tom Of Mutants”

In Uncanny X-Men #9, this happens

The Quick & Dirty: Dazzler works for S.H.I.E.L.D. and Cyclops ain't feeling it.

Didn't see that coming, but it makes for interesting conversation. In Bleeding Cool, they point out how the issues of being Mutants has been a touchy subject as of late.

The X-Men has always dealt with this, but I feel it has been very strong in past few months. With the current social issues, I wonder how deep the writers will take our merry mutants.

I will try to write a post about some of the racial/mutant moments in X-Men later this week.


2 comments:

Rusty said...

That's Dazzler? If toy didn't say that I would have no way to know. She doesn't looks anything like Dazzler in the past. Just goes to show there can be too many general blonde women in a medium.

Anonymous said...

Truth.. Dazzler, Emma, and Illyana may as well be the Stepford Cuckoos in this issue. I mean at least make Dazzler a strawberry blonde or something so we can tell the difference.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.