Tuesday, July 30, 2013

UPDATE: A 'Flash' Series is in Development, will be Introduced as Barry Allen in Arrow


What is this?

I just read over at Deadline, that CW is fast tracking a 'Flash' series.

Yeah, a Flash series. First we hear about a possible movie for him and now a series?
The Flash will come from the co-creators of Arrow, Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, and director David Nutter. We may hear more about this during Television Critics Association conference. The plan is to introduce Flash in the second season of Arrow and then, spin him off into his own series.

The Flash... I'm not feeling this at all. I guess somewhere down the line, The Flash has become a hot idea to market. But why can't they put this energy into a Wonder Woman series/movie... Hell, everything about her? I don't want to make this into another Wonder Woman rant, but after hearing this, I can't help but to think that she will never get the respect she deserves.

I can't see the appeal of a Flash series, unless they make him uber sexy and shirtless. That's what they had to do to Arrow. He was shirtless in most of the marketing and partly in the first few episodes. I'm curious how they will push The Flash.

Hmmm.... Now, I'm sad.

CW Big Wig Mark Pedowitz confirms that The Flash is in development and that Barry Allen will first be introduced as a recurring character on Arrow.

6 comments:

David Berger said...

Didn't we already one a Flash series with John Wesley Shipp? What happened with 'Amazon'? Still in the works?? Sheesh...

Anonymous said...

I don't know about this one. Even in Justice League Unlimited he's not even one of the main superheroes. Why give him his own series?

Judy C. Adanna said...

I think they are looking to duplicate Arrow, with the addition of CGI of Flash moving around at 'normal' speed while everyone around him is still, the way they used to do on Smallville.

BloggerJoe said...

I always liked The Flash. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

Damien said...

I like the Flash - but he doesnt hold a candle to Wonder Woman.

Why they continue ignore/fuck up a beloved icon I do NOT know.

Anonymous said...

What are the actual demographics of CW watchers overall and of the super shows? I'm willing to be mostly girls and gays. Do straight geeks watch them? We know of at least one gay geek who does. ;p

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.