Friday, March 8, 2013

Brett Ratner to receive a GLAAD Award?


Did I read this correctly?

Ratner will receive an award at the 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards for being an ally. He is also doing a Video Campaign for them as well.
During the ceremony, GLAAD will also premiere the "Coming Out for Equality" public-service announcement campaign directed by Ratner. 
"I have long been a supporter of equal rights for everyone," Ratner said of the campaign and award. "So, when [GLAAD president] Herndon [Graddick] and the folks at GLAAD asked me to partner with them on this PSA campaign, I jumped at the opportunity. I have always been an admirer of GLAAD. They do meaningful and effective work in the fight to secure equality for everyone and I am very humbled that they are honoring me with this Ally Award."
Last year, he used the word fag during an interview. He got hit hard over that, however Brett has been working to get back in our good graces.

But should he get an award? I'm not sure about that.

source

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Urgh. I really don't like this, namely because of the way The Last Stand completely destroyed any interesting queer subtexts one could find in the X-Men Films. If you think about it, the cure is really x-gay therapy, which I thought was really offensive. And that's before getting into the fact that it was a lousy film anyways.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.