Wednesday, March 13, 2013

President Obama can't see State Marriage Bans to stay Legal

President Obama told George Stephanopoulos that he believed gay marriage was a right under the Constitution and couldn't imagine state bans to remain legal.

HuffPo reports:
"Well, I’ve gotta tell you that -- in terms of practical politics, what I’ve seen is a healthy debate taking place state by state, and not every state has the exact same attitudes and cultural mores. And I -- you know, my thinking was that this is traditionally a state issue and -- that it will work itself out," he said. "On the other hand -- what I also believe is that the core principle that people don’t get discriminated against -- that’s one of our core values. And it’s in our Constitution."

That's very different than his statements in the past. I guess he is still evolving.

1 comment:

Mind Of Mine said...

It really is just a matter of time.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.