Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My Weekend in Finland... (Tom of) Finland, that is

Over the weekend, the Bent-Con team (the gay comic-con I work for), worked the Tom of Finland Erotic Art Fair. This fair had a great collection of art from many talented artists.

And since it was Tom of Finland, sex was very prevalent all up in the room. I was fine with everything, but I experienced a lot of interesting things while I was there:
  • I was asked about being a someone's cub. Normally, the role is a 'boy', but he was concerned with the racial issues besetting that word... I declined the offer.
  • I know folks like the leather scene, but I really don't get it. 
  • The erotic art was amazing, it was very... well, erotic.
  • The models for the live art drawing were cute, but too small for my taste.
  • I was hit a lot, in fact, I was hit on 14 times within 40 minutes. (I'm not complaining, it was a great ego booster) 
  • The Tom of Finland Foundation is a great and strong community.
  • Many guys wore assless chaps, but didn't have asses to fill these chaps out. It was a shame, really.
  • And if you don't have an ass, a jock strap won't work for you.
  • I was called a hot prude.
  • A leather store guy said I should model some of his leather outfits. I asked if he had Cole Haan. He had no idea who that was so, the conversation was completely over. (jk)
  • I was asked to wear a silver cock piece, but it was too small.
  • In all, the community was very pleasant and fun to hang out with.

1 comment:

Jezza said...

oh Viktor.

You make me laugh. I can actually hear your voice while reading this.
This has been the most entertaining "update post" I've read since following your blog.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.