Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Why I'm Done talking about Chick-Fil-A


Okay, y'all.... I'll be honest. I'm tired of the Chick-Fil-A chatter. Ever gay blog has talked about this 12 times over already, so I'm done for awhile.

We all know they give to hate groups and we know they are not changing their minds about it, so what more can we say?

Action is the bigger tool to use. If there are national protests and store closings, then we know something is happening and things are moving forward. So once we see some "Tear Down This Wall" progress, I'm keeping the parodies, GLAAD ads, connection to hate groups charts, news-not-news stories off the blog. It's just becoming sludge in drain, clogging up other issues we could be dealing with.

For example, if we could take all this energy move it towards ENDA, we might get something going.

2 comments:

www.DiatribesAndOvations.com said...

I'm totally with you. The media frenzy caused by the Chick-Fil-A debate is distracting the public from important issues. I'm starting to think it's part of the GOP's strategy ... since they can't win regarding fiscal matters, they're (once again) relying on social issues to drive voters. I don't want to be a part of it any longer.

And that's the last I'm going to say about it.

Anonymous said...

Huckabee started this mess to divide Americans.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.