Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Review: "American Horror Story"


So, one of the big launches of the fall season is American Horror Story. It's created and produced by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk from Glee.  The premise is a family moves into a haunted house that exploits their personal demons.

I didn't know what to expect, but it was... surprising... and kinda cute.
  • They said 'shit' a lot.
  • The previous owners of the ghoul house were gay, with a leather suit in the attic.
  • Dylan McDermott looks good naked.
  • This show mirrors A LOT of Stanley Kubrick's version of The Shining
  • So far, the characters are good, predictable at times, but good and interesting.
  • It jumps around a bit too much.
  • There is an odd masturbation scene that is... special.  
  • The 'Horrors' are the regular thrills, nothing exciting or outrageous.
  • This show is very S&M-ish, sexual and odd.
  • The daughter of the family looks like Blossom.
  • Jessica Lange is pretty good in this show.
  • There are a lot of mini stories in this pilot. I hope they all get played out effectively.
  • The show moved very fast in the pilot. I'm wondering how this series can go past 3 seasons.
  • I will keep watching. I'm curious about this series.

3 comments:

Bob said...

I have it on the DVR. Looking forward to it.

Eric Arvin said...

I liked it too. The "boo!" thrills didn't work as well for me as the stuff that was more subdued. The boy is very creepy, and the leather suit is effective. And Dylan's ass is very pretty.

Anonymous said...

This show was really not for kids. I got big boner watching Dylan's ass by the fireplace.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.