Thursday, October 13, 2011

Joel Schumacher Thinks Val Kilmer was the Best Batman? WTF?


The King of gaudy filmmaking believes that Val Kilmer was the best Batman. I have to disagree with him on so many reasons. Remember, this is the guy who created Bat-Nipples.

IFC reports:
"I wanted to do a whole other thing, because we had kind of re-invented franchise with Val as Batman and it was a very young, sexy, and much less expensive movie. We brought in Robin and I wanted to make The Dark Knight desperately, but the studio didn't want that and it's their money and they're my bosses." It's tough to imagine anyone other than Christian Bale bringing the sort of gravitas to Bruce Wayne that exemplifies the current series, but Schumacher doesn't see it that way. "For me, Val Kilmer was the best Batman," he says. Sorry, George Clooney.
No, sorry Joel. You are wrong. What do y'all think?

9 comments:

Bob said...

Christian Bale is by far the best.

Unknown said...

Michael Keaton hands down! He was able to mix the serious with the funny, and I just didn't see it with the other Batmans. George Clooney was cool, but Michael Keaton could and still get it.

Anonymous said...

I kind of agree with him. Michael Keaton seemed to much like your father, Christian Bale isn't sexy enough. He's tough but not suave. Clooney had no idea what he was doing, and I rewatched Batman Forever recently and Kilmer seemed to be the total package.

WilsonW said...

I never understood the love affair with Michael Keaton. Batman to me is sexy, rich, smart, well built and a playboy. Keaton is none of those things to me. Kilmer has some qualities, but he's a bit too smarmy for my tastes. Clooney was closer in the looks department, but he wasn't dark or brooding enough. Christian Bale feels closer to the Kilmer model. Kinda smarmy and stuck up acting rather than simply being confident. I guess Batman is just really hard to cast for me. (Adam West not discussed on purpose.)

Damien said...

Close tie between Keaton and Bale...

Bale gets it by a pec....

Anonymous said...

I'll say Clooney,Bale sounds like he has a mouth full of balls.lol

Belasco said...

Don't like any of the live action movie Batmans, but of them Kilmer was the one I disliked the least. Batman Forever was still a mess, but it wasn't his fault. Other than that, give me Adam West. The rest? nah.

apitt said...

Michael Keaton. He is the reason I liked Batman. Bale is okay. Clooney was bah. Kilmer has just bad.

Unknown said...

Or just give me Batman: The Animated series, and I'm cool. LOL

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.