Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Producer Lauren Shuler-Donner Speaks about the Future of X-Men Films


If you're not tired of the X-Men movies, then I got some info for you.

Miss Lauren shared some news about the future of  the X-flicks and what we may or may not see:

On the 'First Class' sequels 
“For now we're talking internally about the possibility of having another 'First Class', following our characters,” the producer reveals. “We're talking about doing them, but we're just in discussions now.”
She admits no decision have been as to whether any sequel would continue to be set specifically in the 1960s or possibly fast-forward to another era (the 70s are rumored), and was pleased that the unconventional choice to look at Professor X and Magneto’s Cold War origins, as stylishly executed by director Matthew Vaughn, went over well with critics and audiences.
 On Wolverine & Deadpool
“We're figuring out where we're going to shoot it and working on the budget and the script and all that sort of stuff – we're in good prep,” she explains. “Hugh and I wanted to do this originally. I showed him ‘The Wolverine Saga' [a comic book series collecting the integral moments of Wolverine’s once-mysterious life] and we're both very passionate about it, for years now, and so, yes, we're very excited to get this to the screen finally. It's a great story.”
Meanwhile, despite Ryan Reynolds’ defection to Marvel competitor DC Comics to play Green Lantern, Shuler-Donner fully expects to realize a “Deadpool” film with Reynolds, who originated the role in 2009’s “X-Men Origins: Wolverine.”
“Absolutely – I wouldn't make 'Deadpool' without Ryan,” she says. “I wouldn't be involved. He's been extremely involved in the process. He was involved with the script. He worked with the writers, throwing out a lot of ideas. 
And X-Men 4
“In the future – way in the future – would I like to do an 'X-Men 4'? I would, but again there's no reason to saturate the market. So I would say no – I'm happy with what I'm doing right now.”
Well I hope Marvel takes the X-Men back. I would love to see what they would do with the series.

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.