Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Top 5 Gay Pulp Fiction Covers

An older gay man was telling me stories about Gay Pulp Fiction. He said he would sneak off in his uncle's car and drive 5 miles out of town to look at the covers. Well, his stories made me drive around LA to find some of these books in some of the used book stores.

I didn't have much luck finding these books,  but I found some covers (online) that would have excited me as a teen back in those days. So, here are 5 covers that would have made me buy these books in a heartbeat.

 One man's Meat... Just marinate on it for awhile

 This would have made me a believer

 This sounds like a gay Blue Lagoon
I always wanted to be a whore, but I was too Southern to be that way.

Something about this screams "orgy"

2 comments:

Eric Arvin said...

I would love some of these in poster form.

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not...I learned to read by reading gay pocket books such as these.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.