Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Interesting Quote: Former Dallas Cowboy Michael Irvin


“I don’t see how any African-American with any inkling of history can say that you don’t have the right to live your life how you want to live your life. No one should be telling you who you should love, no one should be telling you who you should be spending the rest of your life with. When we start talking about equality and everybody being treated equally, I don’t want to know an African-American who will say everybody doesn’t deserve equality.”

Michael graces the cover of OUT for the Sports issue

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok.

Mind Of Mine said...

Very noble of him.

I like the constructive comment luciferosirisarnold has left, it makes him look like an obnoxious jerk.

Daij said...

AMEN. My sentiments exactly. Thank you for posting this. I have some black friends who are homophobes that I need to send this to.

Robyn said...

Good for Michael Irvin. I hope he's not personal friends with David Tyree, though.

Prince Todd said...

Juicy!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.