Monday, July 18, 2011

So What happened in NYC?


I was in NYC for a short time; mostly to help my friends plan their move to L.A. The trip was short and it felt short, but I had a good time.

Here's the rundown:
  • While I missed NYC, I don't miss the muggy heat.
  • I enjoyed walking around after midnight in city. It's a peaceful experience.
  • I hate that I didn't get to see David Dust or Todd. But I will be back soon with more time to spend.
  • My friends are really making some tough decisions to move here in Los Angeles. It was an intense time this weekend.
  • I did get to hang out with Joe from the 'Break The Twink' blog. He is a very interesting guy. I wish I was that mature and worldly at his age. Cool Guy Mega!
  • I learned a lot about the choices we make in life, I'm fortunate I made some good decisions in last 10 years.
  • Son of Baldwin... Nuff Said.
  • After standing in line for a movie for an hour, I realized that NYC needs an Arclight
  • The subway stations are really portals to Hell. It's so damn down there!
  • NYC is not a made for a cute shoes.
  • I'm spoiled from living in L.A.
In all, it was a great trip.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, You were in My Home Town and did not stop by the Zombie Office? We could have Brunched! We are Gay!!

David Dust said...

So sorry I missed you. Next time we MUST get together!

XOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

No ArchLight, but we do have something close throughtout NYC.

Allan S. said...

Hopefully, I'll meet up with you on one of your future trips. I'm just a short train ride away from my hometown.

Kyle Leach said...

Well V, sorry the trip felt so short. Too bad that you didn't have enough time get to meet up with Todd or David. glad that after your trip you still feel that LA is your home. It's always a good thing for the place you have made your home to really feel like it when you are away from it.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.