Thursday, July 14, 2011

3 Favorites will Leave 'Glee' at the End of Season 3


Well, it had to happen. Glee regulars Lea Michele, Cory Monteith and Chris Colfer will 'graduate' at the end of the 3rd season. THR has the scoop:

Colfer, Michele and Monteith are not going to be back at all for Season 4. Murphy tells THR: "You can keep them on the show for six years and people will criticize you for not being realistic, or you can be really true to life and say when they started the show they were very clearly sophomores and they should graduate at the end of their senior year.”

Murphy added that planning for the future beyond high school will be a heavy theme during Season 3, noting that “more characters are leaving than are staying” when graduation time comes at the season’s end.
I wonder if this will change everything. I guess we will find out, or rather y'all will, I stop watching it. But I could come back.

8 comments:

Bob said...

I agree it would have looked funny to have them be in high school for years and years, but I'ma miss Chris.

Unknown said...

I was thinking about this a few weeks ago. It's good that they are leaving... high school is only 4 years.
And it is also important to see Kurt's character come back after high shcool, so all the gay and transgender kids can get a sense that the world is bigger than their small home town. It'll be great for Kurt to return from NY, happy.

Writer said...

I'd hate to be trapped in high school forever! ;)

Cubby said...

Maybe they'll all go to Lima Community College and be in the glee club there with a lot of high school/college interaction on the show.

EMikeGarcia said...

I wonder how this will play out, a lot of people, myself included, watch the show mostly for Kurt and Rachel, and their interaction with the other characters. If they leave I may stick around for half a season to see where they're going with the show, but if I'm not impressed I'll probably stop watching.

Ron Buckmire said...

Aren't they ALL in the same year? then basically the entire cast should graduate.

I'll prob stop watching it once Mercedes leaves...

WilsonW said...

Some of the other kids will probably graduate too. The only one who may stay awhile is the dumb cheerleader who is probably flunking every thing. It'll all depend on how interesting the freshman are that'll be coming in. They do need to find some negroes though. Really, Mercedes is the only singing black child at the school?? Come on.

Unknown said...

I think it's a good idea. New students can be introduced, which may create new fans, but who knows?

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.