Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sarah Michelle Prinze is Back on TV!


Yes, our Buffy is back on TV with a new series.
Boom! Buffy the Vampire Slayer fans may now officially start foaming at the mouth: Sarah Michelle Gellar is coming back to TV, and she's ready to kick some ass again. Vulture has learned that CBS just gave a pilot greenlight to Ringer, an hourlong thriller that will star the ex-Slayer as a troubled young lass on the run from the mob. She assumes the life of her wealthy twin sister, only to find out that said sibling has a bounty on her head as well. If we're understanding this right, SMG will actually get to play both roles, which could be all sorts of fun. Ringer is from Supernatural writers Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder; Gellar will serve as a co-executive producer on the project, which is being produced by ABC Television Studios and CBS Television Studios. It's Gellar's first TV show since Buffy left the air in 2003. 
This is great! Love, Sarah!

source

4 comments:

Robyn said...

This sounds all fun and exciting. I've always liked SMG and it's been a long time since we've seen her in anything new.

behrmark said...

Thanks for the alert! She won't be Buffy....but somehow she will.

BosGuy said...

This was all over Twitter the other day. I have to admit I'm showing my age because I never watched Buffy. Loved Cruel Intentions though.

Unknown said...

The premise of assuming the role of your Twin sounds weird, and not a good way to hide... to me. But, I think I'm looking forward to it b/c it's SMG, and I'm hoping that hunky husband makes an appearance, and playing 2 characters is SO COOL.
It's one of my favorite things about this season of Fringe.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.