Thursday, December 9, 2010

Is David. E. Kelley backing down from Wonder Woman?


I just read this piece and I wonder if David is having second thoughts.

Here, see for yourself
The successful creator of shows like Ally McBeal, The Practice and Boston Legal also said that any talk about who will play the Amazonian princess is just speculation: "At the beginning, there was a little bit of that, but we quickly made it known that was premature. I haven't necessarily committed to doing it yet. I'm at the point where I'm trying to figure out if I can make the franchise work for me."

Kelley admitted that if he doesn't feel good about the project, "I don't want to delude Warner Brothers or anybody else that I should be doing it. The way I've always worked has been to write a script and discover, in the process of the writing, if it's a fertile and creative place where I want to live. If I feel I can make the characters my own and it's a world rich enough for me to revisit, that's a good sign to me that it's a series worth doing."

The other challenge facing Kelley is time: With Harry's Law set to premiere on NBC on Jan. 17, he might have a hard time actually figuring out whether he and Wonder WomanWonder Woman] is right for me, and I'm right for it, is to roll my sleeves up and close the door and do some work," he said. "And that's a challenge, because it's kind of a busy time." make a good match. "The only way I'm truly going to discover if [

Interesting, well, to be honest I wasn't excited about him doing WW. If he backs down, maybe this could be a good thing.

source

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.