Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Flasback 2001 - Summer in NYC


This is a pic of my friends looking for jobs in Easy Everything, it was a big internet cafe in Times Square in NYC. It's gone now, I think the McDonalds took its place.

This pic sums up that summer in 2001, when we moved to NYC straight out of college. We were so naive, so doe-eyed and fresh from Kentucky/Tennessee. I think I was at my interview with Cornell at the time this picture was taken.

But gosh, this brings back memories, y'all. We would hang out at EE, searching through Monster.com and all other job sites for some type of employment. Seems like a lifetime ago. Everything's so different now. We all got great jobs now... Okay, I'm rambling, but it's interesting to see this pic and to see where we came from.

Just interesting.

1 comment:

David Dust said...

Easy Everything ... wow, I haven't thought about that place in forever.

When I moved to New York City, everybody rushed to get the Sunday New York Times on Saturday night in order to get the classifieds and start faxing resumes. Also the Village Voice (on Tuesday nights) was a good place to find restaurant/part-time work.

Jeebus, I'm old ...

XOXOXO

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.