Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Elizabeth Edwards has Died


A phenomenal woman has passed away today. Elizabeth Edwards, the estranged wife of John, died from Cancer.

AP reports:
WASHINGTON -- Elizabeth Edwards, the estranged wife of former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, died Tuesday after a six-year fight with cancer, her family said. She was 61.

"Today we have lost the comfort of Elizabeth's presence but she remains the heart of this family," the statement said. "We love her and will never know anyone more inspiring or full of life. On behalf of Elizabeth we want to express our gratitude to the thousands of kindred spirits who moved and inspired her along the way. Your support and prayers touched our entire family."

A family friend said she died in North Carolina at 10:15 a.m.

Elizabeth also left a message on Facebook for friends and family:
You all know that I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces -- my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope. These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined. The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered. We know that. And yes, there are certainly times when we aren't able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It's called being human. But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful. It isn't possible to put into words the love and gratitude I feel towards everyone who has and continues to support and inspire me every day. To you I simply say: you know.
Rest in Peace

source

3 comments:

Reggie said...

My heart goes out to the family. I was just talking about this with my wife a few minutes ago.

I'll bet John feels like a real ass about right now.

I couldn't imagine what I'd do if something happened to my wife. Dude was just a little too old to be out there banging the way he was.

Unknown said...

This is really sad. I don't have the words to express the anguish.

Prince Todd said...

Wait a sec, I thought she was just ending cancer treatment? I didn't know she died!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.