Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Zack Snyder is the director of Superman and the villain is...

From Deadline

Zack Snyder has been chosen to direct  the new installment of Superman for Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures. Snyder was on a short list of directors that I recently revealed met with the studio as well as producers Chris Nolan and Emma Thomas. Other choices at the time included helmers Tony Scott, Matt Reeves, Jonathan Liebesman, and Duncan Jones. I think Snyder is an inspired choice. He is a cornerstone filmmaker for Warner Bros., a visual stylist whose efforts for the studio include 300, Watchmen, and the upcoming Sucker Punch.

 His work is good, I guess we will see. Oh and the villain of the Supes Reboot is General Zod!

8 comments:

Damien said...

No one will do Zod like Terrance Stamp - he nailed it with just beautiful arrogance.

Judy C. Adanna said...

I agree- if you can be threatening while wearing a silver-sequined black jumpsuit that you bought at Patti Labelle's garage sale, you are a great actor.

I think this is good news; Superman needs a powerful opponent, not a Richard Pryor supercomputer, not Lex Luthor causing earthquakes, and no baby mama drama.

Wonder Man said...

I actually love that costume. I would wear it as a regular outfit

Judy C. Adanna said...

That's because you are probably hot and fabulous enough to carry it off. I would look like a gas station attendant trapped in a production of Starlight Express.

WilsonW said...

Victor, I know you would work that ish! LOL! Zod is ok, but truthfully it was the three of them together that really sent it over the edge. I'm glad it isn't going to be Lex, but I also wish it wasn't a villain we've already sen in another movie. I'd go for Metallo, Brainiac, how about some Bizarro action!! I just worry that doing Zod will create comparisons that aren't necessary if you just do another villain.

Judy C. Adanna said...

I will take any of those other villains as long as we don't have to sit through a solid hour of origin exposition before getting to something interesting.
Like the wretched Spider-Man 3. Did I care that Sandman was not going to see his cute little daughter? I did not.

Unknown said...

I'm so there.

Judy C. Adanna said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


http://io9.com/5658722/natalie-portman-ditches-jane-austens-zombies-for-superman

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.