Sunday, October 24, 2010

If Morena Baccarin cameos in 'Avengers' movie, she should be...

Wanda Maximoff, otherwise know as the Scarlet Witch.

Now, many fans want Morena to play The Wasp. But, I think Wanda would bring the much needed mystical drama in this film.

Wanda could be the unknown danger to the Avengers. Her powers are unpredictable and deadly. She could be a part of deeper S.H.I.E.L.D. initiative, hidden from other shadow organizations or hidden from her father (Magneto). 

I don't know what Joss has planned, but if he does include Morena; I hope he thinks about her as Wanda, the little witch that could.

Actually the big witch that could warp reality and wipe away most of the mutants in the Marvel universe, okay I'm in geek mode now, anywho MORENA FOR WANDA!


source

10 comments:

Prince Todd said...

I love Morena!

WilsonW said...

Now THAT would be some good casting!! Who would you cast for Pietro?

Judy C. Adanna said...

You are so right about this, she would be perfect, and all the Scarlet Witch stuff would be a goldmine for movie plots. But I think they would be afraid of people (who don't know the comics) thinking it was a rip-off of X-Men 3, especially with the completely awful Dark Phoenix costume that had her done up like the Scarlet Witch as Maid Marion.
And to be fair, the Dark Scarlet Witch stuff that Byrne did, while an organic outgrowth of the character, always struck me as another iteration of the Dark Phoenix story. And while the House of M stuff was a good way to have a long-standing character make a big splash in the Marvel Universe pond, after that plus the Avengers Disassembled story, I feel that Marvel needs to take a break from SW for a few years.
That last story that Bendis did where Hawkeye finds her living as a regular person was good, though. I am hoping that in the three dozen Avengers titles he is writing, he can get back to that format of taking a whole issue to focus on one character.

Wonder Man said...

Kwan, I haven't though that far yet

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see her as the Scarlet Witch. But I'd really love to see the She-Hulk.

WilsonW said...

@Vic-I can't wait to see who you come up with when you do!

@Judy-I hate to ask, but? Are you reading Young Avengers? The story centralizes around Wiccan, Speed, Magneto and Pietro trying to find her.

WilsonW said...

@the replicant-If they are smart they'll save She-Hulk and Doc Samson for the next Hulk movie along with the Leader.

Unknown said...

She would rock that role!
Although, her and Nathon Fillon as Pym and Wasp would be cool too.

Marc said...

Inspired casting. The Scarlet Witch was once a major crush of mine (along with Princess Leia). And I haven't seen Morena in a bad role (but only seen her in Firefly & V).

Reggie said...

She's beautiful.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.