Monday, October 4, 2010

Old School Crush: Christopher Atkins


When I was a kid, I was told I couldn't watch The Blue Lagoon. I didn't know why, it looked like a movie about two teens swimming in the ocean. But one night at my grandmama's house, my cousin La Fane and I stayed up late and watched it... And that's when I fell in love with Christopher Atkins.

He was a perfect mix of a man to me. Curly hair, lean body, that sexy face... I think he was the first gay tingle I had. Since then, I've always had a soft spot for him.
Here is a tribute video of Christopher


And he still looks good today.

4 comments:

Bob said...

Yeah, I'm with you on that.

Prince Todd said...

I still think Christopher Atkins made me gay.
I used to watch this movie every single time it aired on network television. Even convinced my mother to buy me a copy...and I sure wasn't lookin at Brooke Shields!

Stan said...

I thought he was cute too but I was fell for the dark, swarthy ones. (Still do!)

SteveA said...

I liked him on 8 is enough too! I never got to see Blue Lagoon!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.