Friday, October 1, 2010

Keke Palmer offered a role in Marvel Comics' Runaways


Possibly, one of Hollywood's future best actress, Keke Palmer may be in Marvel's next project, Runaways.
Here's the scoop, Keke dropped in Essence Magazine:
I’ve had a nice little break with the steady TV show but I’m definitely ready to do some more films again. I was just asked to join a new Marvel comic project called, “Runaways.”
We have no confirmation from the studio, but there is no reason to believe that Palmer would just make this up. Keke is a 17-year old Illinois-born actress/singer probably best known for the television series True Jackson VP, but she also appeared as Akeelah in Akeelah and the Bee, and was recently in the direct to dvd sequel Bring It On: Fight to the Finish

I hope this is true, I think Keke is a good actress. And it would great to see her in an action role.

source

4 comments:

WilsonW said...

Vic, do you have any idea who she will be? I'm assuming she may be Xavin, but I think that would be too soon for a first movie. I wonder if they'll have her play the Asian girl. Have you read Runaways?

Wonder Man said...

I have no idea, but I'm excited. I have read a few of the comics. I think they are okay

Unknown said...

yeah, i'm thinking exactly what Kwan is thinking. I think they are casting her for the Asian lead. Keke is awesome... but I didn't agree with Airbender changing the races... so I don't think Marvel should either.

WilsonW said...

@Mecha-Agreed. I love the idea of a strong black female magic wielding lead. I really do! But I don't want them blackwashing asian characters any more than I want them whitewashing them.

Vic, they should just make her, "I am Number 5" and I would be REALLY happy! LOL!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.