Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Interesting Quote: Al Franken

“After all the tragedy that Anoka-Hennepin school district students have endured this year, I find unbelievable that anyone would suggest that bullying is not a problem. It’s clear that we need to do more to protect our students from bullying and harassment, and it’s time that we extend equal rights to LGBT students. No student should be subjected to discrimination and harassment in school, and we must tackle this problem at every level — local, state, and federal.”

Al on bullying.


source

2 comments:

Daij said...

I agree. We are living in a very mean culture. I was so physically upset at the young man's suicide I was teared up. I have a son who is gay, and my pride in him never changed. i am and have always been proud of him. Imagin living in a world that would make you need to commit suicide for being gay. it's terrible. Something has got to change on a wide scope.

BosGuy said...

Amen Senator.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.