Monday, July 12, 2010

Are you Ready for WICKED the Movie?


Click your heels three times and get ready for Wicked the movie:
The smash hit stage musical Wicked is taking its first formative steps toward the movie screen. I'm told the musical's producer Marc Platt, book writer Winnie Holzman, and songwriter Stephen Schwartz have begun meeting with filmmakers.

Insiders confirm that JJ Abrams, James Mangold, Ryan Murphy, and Rob Marshall are among the directors who've met or otherwise thrown their hat in the ring. More meetings will take place when the musical's authors come to town in the fall. The film will be made at Universal, which produced the stage musical with Platt.
There's a lot of 'Oz' stuff coming out in the next few years. If we are getting all this crazy stuff, we better get a remake of The Wiz. (I love this trailer, btw)




source

4 comments:

Writer said...

I would love to see this!

behrmark said...

I am not surprised that Wicked will be made into a movie. It best have Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth!

Bob said...

I would be all over this one.
Loves me some Wicked!

SteveA said...

well - it's about time. I will go see it!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.