So I was lucky to see Batman the Superman before most people this past week. A friend cashed in a favor, and I got to watch the film with a bunch of press. There was a lot going on and the audience was all over the place, for example: people laughing, people yawning, people sighing.
The film was a huge clusterfuck of ideas, dreams and action sequences.
However, it's been a while since I gave a vague review of a movie, so here it goes:
- In the beginning, we go back to the first Superman movie where Bruce Wayne was trying to get back to his company. For some odd reason, his employees was waiting on him to tell them to leave the building when the city was under attack. Why are they waiting for Bruce Wayne to tell them to leave?
- For two years, Bruce Wayne was mad at Superman over the fight in the city due to the destruction. But throughout the film, Batman cause a lot of destruction for no reason. It felt like he wasn't aware that he was doing the same thing.
- There were a lot of dream sequences in this film. At one point I felt like I was watching A Nightmare on Elm Street.
- Again, it's been two years since the first movie of this cinematic universe. Clark still struggles with being a hero, which is odd that he is still struggling with this at all.
- There were a few racial scenes that rubbed me the wrong way. For example, when Superman saves a Mexican girl, The people reached out to him like he was a God. It felt like a white Savior scene.
- Lex Luthor was too much in this movie. He was more of the Joker than a Luthor.
- Why did Batman make a spear? A kryptonite spear… Makes no sense at all.
- It was great to see you wonder woman, however I struggle with what she was doing the entire time throughout the movie. She ran around in pretty dresses looking for a picture. She was doing that most of the time.
- Batman apparently it was a crimefighter for 20 years. However no one else talked about this except Alfred. It felt like no one knew about him at all.
- Batman came off very stupid, which is a shock because he's one of the greatest detectives ever. How could he not figure out most of the issues happening around him?
- Why couldn't Batman just Google "White Portuguese"?
- Wonder Woman was the best part of the film! I really enjoy watching her fight and enjoy the battle.
- If Lex uses his DNA on a dead kryptonian and create a monster... What happens when Clark and Lois have sex and have a child?
- There is a large instruction in this film for no reason. It was like they've learned nothing from the first film.
- The movie was way too long. I found myself thinking about other things than the plot of this movie, which was also another issue as well.
- Sadly, Batman V superman did not excite me for the rest of the DC cinematic universe.
If you are a fan go see the movie. If you're not a fan, I think you still should see the movie. However it was a bit messy with story pieces I'd never came together. Hopefully, in the next installment of this series they will get it right.