Thursday, March 31, 2016

Michael Sam on Racism in the Gay Community

“It’s terrible. People have told me I’m not gay enough, people have told me I’m not black enough. I don’t know what that means. You want to be accepted by other people but you don’t even accept someone just because of the colour of their skin? I just don’t understand that at all. How are you saying that, ‘oh, I want people to accept me because I’m gay but I don’t accept you because you’re black, or because you’re white or because you’re Asian’.”

1 comment:

Bob Slatten said...

Well, if gay people are like everyone else, except for who we love, then there are bound to be gay racists.
But I don't understand how, if you are targeted for discrimination for beging gay, you can target anyone else for being black, Asian, Indian, Muslim, Jewish, whatever.
Discrimination of any kind is wrong.