Thursday, March 31, 2016

Michael Sam on Racism in the Gay Community



“It’s terrible. People have told me I’m not gay enough, people have told me I’m not black enough. I don’t know what that means. You want to be accepted by other people but you don’t even accept someone just because of the colour of their skin? I just don’t understand that at all. How are you saying that, ‘oh, I want people to accept me because I’m gay but I don’t accept you because you’re black, or because you’re white or because you’re Asian’.”

1 comment:

Bob said...

Well, if gay people are like everyone else, except for who we love, then there are bound to be gay racists.
But I don't understand how, if you are targeted for discrimination for beging gay, you can target anyone else for being black, Asian, Indian, Muslim, Jewish, whatever.
Discrimination of any kind is wrong.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.