Thursday, August 28, 2014

Michael Egan drops the Lawsuit Against Bryan Singer


The sexual abuse suit against Bryan Singer has been dropped.

The accuser, Michael Egan, dropped out due to the lack of counsel. His attorney, Jeff Herman, left the case in late July. Jeff said that relations with his Michael had “deteriorated.”

Here's more from Variety:
Herman, who staged several high-profile news conferences in April, withdrew from the case shortly after a Buzzfeed report that he and Singer’s lawyer, Martin Singer, had agreed to settle the lawsuit for $100,000 but Egan refused.

Herman’s firm filed one other suit against Singer — by an unidentified British plaintiff — but that case was voluntarily withdrawn in July.

In a statement to Variety last month, Martin Singer (no relation to Bryan Singer) said that “Bryan and his team will continue to fight to clear his name and intend to pursue charges of malicious prosecution against Egan.” He called Egan and Herman’s case “an attempted shakedown of Bryan Singer.”

Ancier filed a malicious prosecution suit in June against Egan and Herman.

Egan made four claims in each suit — intentional infliction of emotional distress, assault, battery and invasion of privacy by unreasonable intrusion. Each of the suits recounts in explicit detail the sexual acts that allegedly took place between Egan and each of the men.
Is this mess over? To be honest, I'm not sure.
.

No comments: