Saturday, April 12, 2014

Today is the 40th Anniversary of the Cathy Lee Crobsy version of Wonder Woman


Many fans give this film/pilot a hard time, but I actually appreciate it. It gave us a different, yet interesting perspective on Diana and her adventures in "Man's World".

I really enjoyed the tension between her and the rogue amazon, Ahnjayla. I wish there were more time with Ahnjayla and her agenda. I thought she was a fascinating character.

The pilot was released on this date with mediocre reviews. Later, ABC revamped the entire premise of the original idea. The studio set the series in the 40s and gave the role to Lynda Carter.

However, this version isn't dismissed in some abyss. It's now a cult classic and often talked about among fans all over the world. Sometimes, I wonder what would happened if this version continued as a regular series.

1 comment:

R.J. said...

I liked it back in the day, and it's been a very long time since I've seen it.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.