Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Channing Tatum could be the next X-Men Gambit


Interesting news on the X-Men movie buzz.

Sexy Channing Tatum has been talking to X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner about a possible Gambit film. Now, if you don't know who Gambit is, here's a quick and dirty: He's a hot and mysterious Cajun mutant who can control and manipulate pure kinetic energy to his will. He is also very skilled in card-throwing, hand-to-hand combat, and the use of a bō.

Okay, so he's been talking to Fox's X-Team and this is what he had to say:
"I met with Lauren Shuler Donner. And I would love it. Gambit is really the only X-Man I’ve ever loved. I mean I’ve loved them all, they’re all great, but I guess from being down south – my dad’s from Louisiana, I’m from Mississippi, Alabama, Florida – I don’t know. I just related to him. He’s just kind of suave…

He’s the most un X-Men X-Man that’s ever been in X-Men. Other than maybe Wolverine, who’s like the anti-hero. He’s a thief. He’s not even a hero. He’s kind of walking the line of grey. He loves women and drinking and smoking and stuff, so he’s just a cool guy who happens to have a moral center. I hope it [comes together]. You never know it’s a weird industry. If the stars align, I would die to play it. I’m already working on the accent. It’s crappy at the moment."
  

Well, I never thought of Channing in this role... Can he pull it off?

source

2 comments:

Damien said...

I think he has the chops to pull it off. However, physically I would see a much leaner - less muscle - more triathlete build myself.

I like Channing so I am good with this :)

YvesPaul said...

I agree, he can definitely pull off the looks but the accent can be excruciatingly painful if not done right.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.