Friday, April 4, 2014

This is the (sorta) 30th Anniversary of Cyndi Lauper's She So Unusual

Twitter is going crazy with the hashtag #GirlsJustWantToHaveFun. It's their way of celebrating the classic album release. So, after seeing this, I thought I would add my 2 cents.



She caught my eye when I saw the video, Girls Just Want to Have Fun on MTV. It was a strange video, but I was in awe of it.

Once, my cousin bought the album, I couldn't stop playing it. Cyndi gave us an awesome album and we will forever thank her for it.

2 comments:

apitt said...

Girls Just Want to Have Fun and Time After Time are my favorite Cyndi Lauper songs

Glenn Ingersoll said...

I read Cyndi Lauper's recent memoir and created a post on my blog based on the discussion of the making of the video:
http://dareiread.blogspot.com/2013/03/cyndi-laupers-girls-just-wanna-have-fun.html

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.