Sunday, August 12, 2012

Interesting Quote: Former NFL player Wade Davis



I feel like I understand my focus now. I understand what I’m supposed to do. A lot of people want me to work with gays and sports issues. But, really, there’s enough people talking about that. My focus is going to be on being a role model to change the lives of youth of color, who are impacted by oppressions that people aren’t talking about. There aren’t other black people out there who have my voice, for lack of a better word, who are doing the work. So that’s what I want to do. I want to work with LGBT youth of color to make sure that HIV rates get lower, that homelessness is talked about, that poverty is talked about. And I’ll use the fact that I played in the NFL to promote that.

source

3 comments:

Roger Poladopoulos said...

Truely commendable and honorable. All the best to him!

Damien said...

That is a true role model.

Good on him.

Writer said...

Wow! Awesome! :)

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.