Sunday, January 9, 2011

What Role do you play in your group of Friends?


I think in any friendship circle, someone has a role. The hand holder, the straddler, the non-judgmental friend, the over-supporter and 'best friend to the end' friend.

Me, I'm the realist friend. Meaning, if we been friends for 5 or more years, I don't hold back. I will give you support, but I will be totally, completely honest with you at all times. I have no problems calling my out my friends and I expect them to do the same to me.

If you are screwing up your life, I'll tell you that without a problem. I believe at that point in our friendship, we should be each other mirrors. If I can't keep it real with my friends, then how can we keep the relationship going?

Although I'm the realist friend, I can be considered harsh at times. I don't sugarcoat too much, I'll tell it like it is. Sometimes my friends hate me for it, but later they get it. They know that I love them and only want the best for them. In fact, I'm known as Mama Kerney.

So, I like to know what role do you play in group of friends?

4 comments:

Ian said...

Depends on which circle of friends I'm with. With my main group, definitely the court jester/comic relief... the person to take the edge things are too tense. Sometimes I'm the listener when I'm not being too goonie.

Bob said...

I'm the Sarcastic friend.
I'm also the Common Sense friend who won't BS you.
And I'm the Loyal friend.

Robyn said...

I'm the court jester and the common sense friend all at once.

Allan S. said...

Well, my inner-circle of friends that I call my family of choice would probably tell you that I'm at times the clown, then the realist, and then analytical. We are an open book to each other and offer no judgement. I've been more spiritual over the years, and have gotten the nickname The Guru..LOL. I don't know how true that is. While I am more comfortable in my skin, I'm still trying to figure it all out.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.