Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Simple Guide for the Single Gay Male


Honey, let me tell you something... Men can be a mess! Back in my single Joan Clayton days, I learned too much about men and the foolishness they carry in their pockets.

So as this year begins, I want to give some single folks some simple things to think about.
  • If a man has more than 5 profiles on Adam4Adam-like sites. BEWARE.
  • Just because he has a banging body, does mean he knows how use it. I learned this in college.
  • If you meet a guy with 2 out of 5 of your top must-have qualities, leave him be.
  • Follow your gut; if you ain't feeling him and if you are horny as Hell, don't give him any... You WILL regret it later.
  • I have a friend that hooks up with guys he really don't like. Please don't do that! If you don't like him, don't do him! It doesn't speak well about you at all.
  • Bad dancing doesn't always lead to bad sex, but rhythm still be an issue.
  • Always practice your "skills". He may be terrible in the sack, but you don't have to be. In fact, be better.
  • Always try to feel sexy in any outfit, including jogging pants and Wal-Mart jeans.
  • Know your freak levels and don't explore them with just anyone. Do it with someone you trust.
  • Make sure your ready to date someone. If you ain't ready, it may not work.
  • If you have a FB for more than 3 years, you might want to put an expiration date on it.
  • Find a cuddle buddy, it's nice to cuddle sometimes.
  • Don't settle.
  • Don't put all your eggs into one guy, shop around to get the right one.
  • No guy has to be perfect, just real and honest... And caring.
That's all I got, if you got some info, please share.

5 comments:

Prince Todd said...

GOSPEL!
Amen and AMEN chile.
There are too many men with BS issues out there. Which is why I will be happily SINGLE until I meet the right ONE.

Immanuel said...

Thanks for the great post!

I especially like the comment about if you are not ready to date, don't do it. Guess I'm guilty of that mistake myself. You have to really be honest with yourself.

May I offer a few more:

-- Keep your appearance and clothing presentable, even when you are not on the prowl. Join a gym or just take up walking or not eating meat a few days a week.Keep up your dental appointments and get regular physical exams. It is also not hard to dress well now that Marshalls and TJ Maxx are everywhere. Try not to be too trendy -- select a style that mirrors you, not Kanye West. Pamper yourself. Get a massage for your birthday or a pedicure. They really are not expensive.

-- Keep working on you and not depending on someone else to provide your happiness. Join a church, take up singing, mentor a child or take a college course. Nobody asks you out? Lonely? Well invite your friends over for a movie, popcorn and hors d'oeuvres. You don't have to spend a lot to entertain well.

-- And this is a hard one that I need to work on -- "Do Unto Others as You Would Have Them Do Unto You." Why? Because dating karma is a bitch.

Unknown said...

cool. . .still liking me more and not trying to prove myself to others. I know I'm a catch, so, I'm just settling in. The right people notice for a reason.

BosGuy said...

Fantastic list. Love the expiration date for FBs and the multiple A4A profiles -- HILARIOUS.

Unknown said...

This year I was hooking up with a guy I really don't like, and I had to walk away from that. He was a cool person, but just wasn't my type.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.