Saturday, December 19, 2009

Interesting Quote: Gareth Thomas


"I've been through all sorts of emotions with this, tears, anger and absolute despair. I wasn't sure if I ever wanted to let people know and, to be honest, I feel anxious about people's reactions and the effect it might have on my family. I don't want to be known as a gay rugby player. I am a rugby player first and foremost. I am a man. I just happen to be gay. It's irrelevant. What I choose to do when I close the door at home has nothing to do with what I have achieved in rugby.''

He was a big rugby star and just came out.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Smart, thoughtful, and hot. Will he marry me? Oh, yeah, not in my state, and not in most of my country....

Unknown said...

I agree with his statement. I'll follow him closely now.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo, and a Welshman to boot!

SteveA said...

I love the Welsh. My neighbour is Welsh and I fantasize sometimes about him....but on a more serious note - I completely understand and concur with his statement!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.