Friday, July 11, 2014

Interesting Quote: Richard Nixon


"Let me say something before we get off the gay thing. I don’t want my views misunderstood. I am the most tolerant person on that of anybody in this shop. They have a problem. They’re born that way. You know that. That’s all. I think they are. Anyway, my point is, though, when I say they’re born that way, the tendency is there. [But] my point is that Boy Scout leaders, YMCA leaders, and others bring them in that direction, and teachers. And if you look over the history of societies, you will find, of course, that some of the highly intelligent people - Oscar Wilde, Aristotle, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera, were all homosexuals. Nero, of course, was, in a public way, in with a boy in Rome. But the point is, look at that, once a society moves in that direction, the vitality goes out of that society."

So Nixon believe we are born gay? Interesting, considering the times.

source

3 comments:

R.J. said...

It's funny how conservatives have been silent on Twitter about this. Surprised they haven't disowned Nixon yet.

Bob said...

He believed we are born gay but that we are also the death of society.

Anonymous said...

He is kinda right. The racism will be even more open because of the lust and not the love.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.