Thursday, October 4, 2012

Orlando Cruz becomes the First Openly Gay Man Boxing


Orlando made history.

As a Featherweight boxer, he is the 1st openly gay in the sport. Orlando decided to be open and honest with himself and others.

He said:
"I've been fighting for more than 24 years and as I continue my ascendant career, I want to be true to myself.

"I want to try to be the best role model I can be for kids who might look into boxing as a sport and a professional career. I have and will always be a proud Puerto Rican. I have always been and always will be a proud gay man."
He ranks no. 4 in Featherweight by the WBO and is pretty good in his technique.

Good luck to you, Orlando and welcome.

source

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.