Friday, February 10, 2012

Interesting Quote: Chuck Woolery


"We were born with natural rights. We don't need civil rights. [African-Americans] don't need civil rights. They don't need them. They have inalienable rights granted by God in the Constitution. I mean, I'm discriminated against all the time. I don't care. It doesn't bother me. [I'm discriminated against] because I'm old. I'm too old to get a job as a game show host. They say, well, the guy's 71 and in five years he'll be 76. And I’m a one per center, and I'm absolutely discriminated against as a one per center."

Chuck said this mess at CPAC. He's a big ole conservative I guess.

6 comments:

Prince Todd said...

I just love when privileged old white guys tell me there is no such thing as discrimination just because they say so.

Writer said...

It's the Goldwater excuse for shrinking government: the assumption that people will automatically do what is right. Which they don't.

reggie said...

old rich white conservative men can't relate to poor minorities in any way. "too old to get a job"? don't need a job.

Jamie Paisley said...

I can totally see a "Leave Chuck Woolery ALONE!" viral vid cropping up soon.

Anonymous said...

Dear Chuck, hurry up and die and leave me your money.

Bob said...

Dumb-fucking-ass.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.