Monday, October 10, 2011

Wonder Woman HAS A FATHER? Thanks DC Comics : (


DC Comics! Seriously? More drama from this New 52 mess! Now they have really made up some junk on Diana... They have given her a DAD!
The New York Post reports that after nearly 70 years, the Amazing Amazon will receive … a father. Warning: Spoilers!


Since at least 1942, Wonder Woman had been a mystical creation, formed as an infant from clay by her mother Queen Hippolyta and imbued with the attributes of some of the Olympian gods. But with November’s Wonder Woman #3, we — and she — will learn her true origin.

“She’s going to learn she’s not who she was told she was,” writer Brian Azzarello tells the Post.

Wonder Woman #3

Who she is, it turns out, is a daughter of Zeus, philandering king of the Greek gods.
Why give her a father? She's a mythical being, born from clay and blessed by the Gods! Why do they insist on screwing up her origin?

Hera help me!

source

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still like the way Nubia and Diana were made of clay and not having a dad. Is Wonder Woman, Xena?

WilsonW said...

I don't mind so much her having a Dad as much as I think it's cliche for her dad to be Zeus. I like how they alluded to her father being Hades on the Justice League show. That would have been more interesting to me.

Ian said...

I thought it was implied before Hades was her father after a fling with Queen Hippolyta? Sorry for my ignorance.... I didn't follow DC as religiously as Marvel.

WilsonW said...

@Ian-That was the Justice League show. In the comics she is formed from clay. Man I wish I had Justice League on DVD right now.

DG Speaks said...

Why they gotta go mess everything up!

Kyle Leach said...

Very disappointing.

Unknown said...

I've been waiting to hear your take on the New 52 WW.
Honestly, that 1st issue didn't do it for me. I've finding much of the New 52 over rated.
I like 2 of the books I've read. Animal Man was the best!
But that new WW is NOT on point.. and this Zeus crap... The 1986 origin is the one! Why take an Island of women... and suddenly make it linked to a Patriarch.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.