Sunday, October 9, 2011

What's Happening with My Friend, K


Some of you have asked about my friend, K. He was the one I had to put out in order to help him. That was about 3 weeks ago...

Now, K is in Florida with his mother. My other friend talks to him every other day.... I haven't spoke to K since that night.

K has decided to stay in Florida, and get a place for him and his mom. However, he won't get any help or see a counselor. K thinks he fine for now. I wish K realize that he really needs help. It makes me so mad he continues to avoid this issue. K told another friend of ours that his illness was just an emotional roller coaster and he just wants to forget it.

Well, we can't forget it. His 'breakdown' was like a harsh light in our eyes. None of us can't forget that weekend. And I wish he would embrace it and learn from it. My biggest fear is that it will happen again and no one will be prepared to deal with it. I really hope K's mom encourages him to see a counselor. I want him to conquer this illness. I guess, I still want my old friend back. I know it won't be the same, but I just want to know he's trying to fight for his life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I hope he does get help but you've done all you can. I have the same situation with a friend I haven't seen or heard from in over two years.

Anonymous said...

Did someone slip him a Mickey? Having a break down comes from deprogramming yourself from something you were taught as a child and now trying to change it. A break down can make you or break you. This shit is serious stuff.

Unknown said...

All you can hope is that he finally gets the help he needs. It's hard stuff. My prayers go out to your friend

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.