Thursday, October 13, 2011

Flasback 1996 - The MAN List


I was looking through some old journals and found my MAN LIST. Back in the day, I created a list of the ideal guy for me.

It was a lofty list, very dramatic and unrealistic. Let me show you:
  • He has to be 2 to 3 years older than me.
  • He has to have a 3.2 GPA or higher.
  • He has to honor my 3 month rule. 
  • We can't do the booty, booty before the 3 months. (booty, booty is what we called sex in 1996)
  • He can't have over 3 sexual partners.
  • He has to be a top.
  • He has to keep his car clean.
  • We have to take a HIV test together before we have sex.
  • His family has to make decent money like my family.
  • He has to love Horror movies.
  • He can't be skinny.
  • He has to know who the X-Men are.
  • He has to be out.
  • He can't be religious.
  • He has to have a five year plan.
  • He can't get drunk more than 3 times a year.
Just typing this list reminds me of silly I was. I was looking for some WB styled fantasy that didn't really exist. None of the guys I dated completely fulfilled this list, and that's a good thing. Each of them brought something different to table. And, I learned a lot from those experience, good and bad.

So, I will keep this list as a reminder of how far I've come.

3 comments:

Bob said...

It's funny when we look back and see how far we've come.

Prince Todd said...

Okay, I think we are like gay twins. I have this list taped to my hope chest.

Anonymous said...

Silly? It makes me love you even more!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.