Wednesday, March 16, 2011

And speaking of Kisses...


Do you remember the first guy you really wanted to kiss and you got to kiss him? See, while many folks focus on the first kiss, I want to talk about kissing the one guy you always wanted to kiss.

That kiss is magical, because it's happening with someone that you really, really want.

Let me tell you my tale. In 2001, a week before I got my Master's degree, I was hanging out with my crush/good friend Tim.

We had a history of possibly being more than friends, but we never took that leap. However, one night (on a full moon) we were in his room just chilin' and talking about nothing really. Tim asked me, "Was there anything I wanted to do in Murray that I never got the chance to do?" I thought about it and just like that, this flew out of my mouth: "I never got to kiss you."

Tim paused for a second, got up from his seat, took my hand and pulled me up to him. Then, he guided my face to his and we kissed.

That kiss... Till this day, I think I left reality for 45 seconds (yes, I counted). It was a kiss I always, always wanted. I mean I kissed several guys, but this kiss actually made me weak at the knees.

When we broke apart, I couldn't look at him. I didn't want to look at him and watch his face vanish as I woke up from sleeping. But it was no dream, it was real... He was real. We stared at each other, awkwardly laughed and then we kissed again. In fact, we made out something fierce. I had wanted him for so long... 4 LONG years. Our kiss unleashed everything I wanted say and everything I always felt. Tim and I made out for over an hour. At that point, I was ready to lose my virginity (gay sex style), but he thought we should stop. He said it was a lot going on and didn't want to jump too fast.

But our moment was enough. It was enough to satisfy me for years. I realized what true feeling and true love was all about. His kiss was revolutionary to my world and I will be forever grateful.

3 comments:

robertga99 said...

Is it hot in here or just me?

Cubby said...

What a great story. I love it!

behrmark said...

Beautiful!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.