Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Loleatta Holloway has Died


The Godmother of Gay music has passed away.

Loleatta Holloway died yesterday from an illness. She was 64 years old. I LOVE Loleatta! Her voice drove songs to the highest peak for me. I have so many of her songs on my ipod and I live for her voice on a regular basis.

To hear this news hurts, it truly does. But we have her music and that voice. So I wish her peace and share my top Loleatta songs y'all.

Dreaming


Love Sensation


Like a Prayer


We're getting Stronger


Shout it the Top

Love you, Loleatta!!

source

4 comments:

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

OMG OMG! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! SHE IS ONE OF MY VERY BIGGEST INSPIRATIONS! WOW!!! GOSH THIS WOW....OMG......I HAVE SPILLED MY DRINK ALL OVER THE CARPET....JESUS HELP ME.

Miss Ginger Grant said...

OMG! I LOVED "Love Sensation" in the day!! Truly a one of a kind voice and a loss for the the music world!

Stan said...

When one of her songs came on back in the 80's you had better get out of the way or you's be stampeded by queens! R.I.P. my dear Loleatta!

Jezza said...

NOOOOOO!!!
Fuck! I've been jammin out to her all week and now I find out that not only did she die but I'm very late in learning it.
SHITTY Feeling

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.