Thursday, December 2, 2010

Did you know that Hugh Jackman was supposed to be Captain Jack Sparrow?


I had no idea. Sexy Hugh was supposed to be Captain Jack.

For realz!
“I initially wrote that character with Hugh Jackman in mind,” screenwriter Stuart Beattie revealed. “Hence the name Captain JACK Sparrow.”

Offers Fox News, "At the time, Jackman was a prominent actor in Beattie’s homeland of Australia, but was not yet a big on the international scene, prompting the folks at Disney to dismiss Beattie’s casting contribution and instead hunt down Johnny Depp for the role. And when it comes to trying to pushing for a big break in Hollywood, patience certainly pays off."

“I spent ten years pitching it to Disney and they weren’t interested,” Beattie, who went on to write Collateral, G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra and 30 Days of Day, said. "Then finally, I got a call to come back in.”

I wonder how Hugh would have been as a pirate?

2 comments:

SteveA said...

Good I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

That would have been quite a different movie, that's for sure.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.