Sunday, December 12, 2010

Award Night


Last night, my group, The Jordan Rustin Coalition received a Medal of Honor for our work in the LGBT community.

I was very proud, being a newly minted board member, to not only get this award, but to see the history of LGBT of color in the room. I was very honored.

Also I got to talk politics with another Award winner, Karen Ocamb. She is the news editor of Frontiers magazine, one the largest LGBT publication in Cali-Cal. She's very intelligent and aware what's really going on, so I was very happy to talk about the dilly.

Here's a pic of some of us.

Please don't mind me, half my face is swollen from my wisdom teeth removal. So, yes you are looking at the Elephant man until I heal up.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Congratulations! This is great!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.