Tuesday, June 10, 2014

R. Kelly’s Child Comes Out as Transgender



Musician R. Kelly and my favorite Hollywood Exes star, Drea has a Transgender child.

Their 13-year-old has transitioned from female to male, and he is now known as Jay.

Jay came out to the on Instagram and in the pic above, his mother is very supportive. Here's more in InTouch magazine:

“[My mom] was like, ‘Baby, you know I love you if you were bi, gay, [lesbian], you name it and I would still love you so much,’” he wrote on his Ask.fm page, which is a social platform that allows users to answer anonymously submitted questions.

“She was very proud of me, I was like, ‘Thank you mum for accepting the fact that I’m a transgender.’

“And same with my sister, she told me that she was proud of me, and respects me by calling me handsome and calling me her little brother now, and I love her for that, so you know it was great for me.”

Jay goes on to explain that he still has female organs, and wears a binder on his chest, but hopes that with the help of surgery and testosterone he can truly be comfortable in his own skin.
No word from R. Kelly on his son's transition. But he better be supportive!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awe, Jay is so cute. And I wish him all the luck.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.